Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thailand

So I have totally slowed down on the blogging, hey one of the reasons could be because I was taking girls to girls camp and then two awesome weeks in Thailand.
Girls camp was nice because it was only three day and the girls got along, so I didn't have to spend my time putting out fires. So onto Thailand...

Our first day of our Thailand adventure we spent a lovely 21 hour plane ride in coach, much to my disappointment because I was dreaming about getting first class for two months. We arrive in Bangkok at midnight totally excited and ready for a real bed. The next morning we went into town to check into our real hotel and get a spa treatment with a real Thai massage. Thai massages are sooo different from standard American massages. They get up on the table and use their body weight to help massage you. They have no problem with butts or chest areas (I love to have my butt massaged, I can't help it I have a big booty and it likes to be relaxed). It was nice because after all that spa treatment you got an hour massage. The really cool part was after they even fed us a little meal of fruit. I think our total time at the spa was about 3 hours for about a hundred buck. It was awesome.The next day we went to Ayutthaya the old capitial of Siam/ Thailand. It was so cool because we got to ride an elephant and see some pretty neat ruined temples. In some of the temples you have to take off you shoes to show respect before you can enter to pray. It was kind of fun to see all of the shoes on the steps. The best was the photo of a Buddha's head with a tree over growing it and the wall it was sitting against even though we weren't suppose to take a picture of it here it is! We had a cab driver take us up there because it is just north of Bangkok. Daniel kept asking him political questions that he couldn't answer because he only knew tourist English. He was laughing at Daniel because he kept saying things like Thailand is hot, and can't we jump the fence to get into the temple. After the temples we went on an elephant. We each got to ride on the elephant's neck, and we got to feed him too. While we were on the elephant we saw some kids that were really excited to see us and were practicing their English by screaming "Hello how are you!" They seemed really happy, but it seemed funny because they lived in slums right next to ruins. It was the craziest scene to turn your head and see hundred of years old building and turn your head the other way and see shacks that could barely stand up.

2 comments:

Jody said...

That is SO cool! I'm way jealous. Whatever inspired you to go to Thailand? Did Daniel have friends there at some point or am I remembering wrong? I'm totally jealous- you and I need to vacation together one day...

Susan G. said...

Wow! I think you deserved 2 weeks in Thailand if you survived girls camp!