Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year, New Me?

Well, I would have to say that I failed terribly with my New Years resolutions last year.  But hey, I did improve on my eating lunch habits, but not so much on blogging more. 

Just as a run down and a miss for December.  I canceled Christmas because I had to work Christmas Eve (which is what I love to have off-I usually like to work Christmas).  I did put up a tree, but didn't really do much else.  I did really like buying my in laws Christmas because we got the best presents for the kids (they said so) and we did it on one Saturday without leaving our home. Then Daniel got a super awesome bonus, so we were able to get a Surface tablet.  I love it.  I was unsure at first, but I am totally on board with it. 

I've been thinking about my new resolutions this year.  Some that I actually care about so that I will do them ie inviting some over for dinner resolution.  I went through five or six, but the ones that have stuck are do two random acts of kindness a month.  I have already done one.  I helped this mother with newborn twins traveling by herself get from one gate to another (she was a hot mess I don't know how she was doing that by herself before she got to my plane). So one down, one to go.  Nothing has hit my fancy yet, but lets see.

Next resolution will be walking more.  Daniel and I started walking every night I was home in mid-January last year until about March.  It was to help with his weight and I found out it really helped with my stress.  We stopped because I let him talk me into not doing it one night and then it went down hill after that.  Since we've moved we now are behind the Chattahoochee River, so on Sundays we have been going for some walks (mostly to clear my head as this winter has been hard on me).  It's nice to walk next to the river and have a few hike like trails.  I think this walking thing could really take off and be enjoyable.  I know exercise enjoyable it is such a novelty for me.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I still like the blogging more resolution- mostly because I'm selfish like that. But boy! I really (really) like the random acts of kindness idea! I'd like to try that but I don't think I have enough interaction with strangers to really make it possible- plus, I usually have a squirming, crying baby so most people think they need to help me instead! :-)

Stephanie said...

As long as you are happy...that is all that matters, right?! So if walking and hiking makes you happy and less stressed , then strap on those sneakers and get out there!!

And super cool with the random acts of kindness! Love that idea!