Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Year of...

Daniel wrote me in December that next year was the Year of the Gun.  I really like that he for once has a resolution.  We are going to shoot guns in February. He says that we should buy a gun, but that seems a little scary to me and a really big investment.  I'm game for a year, so we will see what this turns into.

I thought about what my resolution would be and I decided mine would be the Year of the Club. I have never been to a club and I love to dance. I think this is a terrible shame.  I feel I'm almost aged out of the club scene. I know that 30 year old's go to the club, especially in Atlanta, but it's like watching Madonna  hump her way across the stage (Live Aid circa 2006)...she is no longer 20 and it just looks awful and makes her look older. I have a few club names from a girl at work, and I figured to treat myself I would go to New York one weekend and go clubbing with Emily.

Serious goals are to actually design a sweater. I have ideas and tools to jump right in, but I'm a little scared and fighting my perfectionist complex. I even have to design floating around in my head. SO not hard, really.

Since goals are out and words and themes seem to be in for resolutions, my theme of the year is community. I feel like this is the area in my life to move forward with and I need to actually participate in my community. So I don't know if that means to create a knitting community that I meet in person with or just help people more, but that is the plan.

Ugh usually I go over the last year for what stunk and how it was okay by good things. Even though the year wasn't really bad for me, except the miscarriage, it really stunk for Daniel's family. Divorces, abuse, threatening church excommunications, and of course my miscarriage topped off the list it seems to be dragging up more drama than it's worth to go over.

No comments: