Sunday, October 21, 2007

Flying Pink For October


So as I'm sure you are all aware, that October is Breast Cancer awareness month. This has come to my attention over the past few years as the color pink has assaulted my senses. Now for the ever rare flight story...Delta, at least last year, has been selling "Flying Pink" Martinis to raise money for breast cancer for October. Lovely ASA has followed suit, by serving up these drinks (which I might add that I haven't done a good job because my job description is to be there for passenger safety, not a bartender). When I came into work last week I received this memo,
"
We have been made aware of concerns regarding the sale of pink martinis to support breast cancer research in view of studies indicating that alcohol can be a risk factor for breast cancer. In light of this and with respect for our partner, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, effective immediately we should no longer sell pink martinis on board to raise awareness for breast cancer research during October. "
The irony of this is was too much to keep to myself. Imagine dealing out people's death while raising money to save them from what is making them sick and die. Wow to even explain it is very confusing. Well it is all in a good cause--right?

3 comments:

JENN said...

LOL well at least they did something about it....

Laura said...

Very funny! I'm surprised that it took them so long to realize that is was a lame idea. Anyway, glad to know that you have a blog! I'll add you to our list.

Jacki said...

That is too ironic! Tell Delta that instead of selling pink martini's they need to carry Schweppes raspberry soda the month of October. Same cuteness without the risks! Well unless you are a diabetic.