Sunday, November 25, 2007

Homemaker Sally

So, I haven't blogged lately because of Thanksgiving, running around doing showers, errands, worrying about a sick cat (who threw up all over my nice carpet, but Daniel deals with the throw up) and work.
Somehow during all of this fan fair, I was able to make a dress. I was impress that I was able to finish it. I have never sown more than a shirt, and it couldn't have difficult things on it like buttons, zippers, and taping. I don't know half of the stuff their talking about! It all started when my best friend, Jody, was getting married and I needed a black dress. Now, I could just have any old dress, but the "Little Black Dress" that every girl should have, and I thought that my time had come to have that little black dress. I couldn't find anything I wanted which bummed me out. I then got the brilliant idea to make my own! So, I found the pattern, which the only one I liked was a Vogue pattern (which usually sells at $30 a pop, but was on sale for 3). Now, Vogue apparently I learned after I bought it, is a very specialized pattern that has to be tailored this and that way with instructions that only a seamstress would know what they are talking about and this was the "facille" or easy pattern. Anyways, I spent a day and half putting together a sample dress. I nearly had to start over because I cut off some indicator marks, but I used some forethought and fixed. Finally, I got the dress together, the sample makes me look like pink cotton candy, and it lays kind of stiff, but that was because I used cheap fabric. I have started on the real dress and it is turning out to be fabulous.

7 comments:

claire said...

Wow- It's adorable! What kind of black fabric are you using?

Jacki said...

I am so impressed Annie! What a cute dress.

Jody said...

Annie,

You are going to look so cute at my wedding!!!! I'm so glad you found the perfect little black dress and that you are talented enough to actually make it! I can't wait to see the final one in person- and I can't believe just how soon that is!

admin said...

Why Sally?

Daniel said...

When did you make this? Where have I been? ... (just kidding)

Melodee said...

You do look adorable! Nice Job! Love, Mom

Jan said...

Wow, I'm impressed. You are quite the domestic housewife.