Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break

For spring break Daniel and I went to Dallas to see my brother and have Cooper's Barbque. We first had lunch with my brother who took us to an upscale Tex-Mex restaurant. We then went to the Nasher Sculpture Museum because that is my favorite medium of art and they had a Rodin there. I love his sculptures above any others. It also had a great Picasso. It was a cubists rendering of a painting that he had then sculpted. One of the neatest things I have ever seen.


We headed to Fort Worth for the best barbque in the world. I had the original on one of my overnights, and heard they opened one in Fort Worth, so I insisted that this is what we would do for Spring Break. I knew that Daniel would love it just as much as I did. Once in Fort Worth we saw the cattle march where they let Texas Long horns walk down the main . After we oohed and awed over that we set out to eat the best prime rib and brisket in Texas (Daniel could not get over the brisket). Even though we couldn't get out of Dallas the next day and had to drive to Shreveport to get home, Daniel was still glad that we made the trip.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Did you drive? I wish I still had spring break! I wish I still had summer break! And winter break was also nice. :-) Glad you could make it worthwhile- Texas has some awesome BBQ and I'm pretty sure every city in Texas claims to have the best!