Thursday, October 25, 2012

October Crazys

This October I had vacation, but it wasn't so much vacation as a shake up of life.  We moved from Douglasville to Vinings.  I am so excited because now we get be in a hip part of the city.  Daniel's commute has been cut down to 30 minutes from work and 15 minutes from school!  We moved into a  two bedroom apartment (hint: come visit!) that is a renovated Victorian housing.  It is old and has lots of character and I got to paint my walls!  It is the first time I've got to live in a house with out magnolia walls, so out came the magenta and apple green!  I am loving it and have done a great job painting.Still decorating and more pictures to come on that.


After Daniel and I moved by ourselves, okay we had one day where a friend helped us, I treated myself to a concert in Salt Lake.  I went with my friend Tera to The XX.  It was great the crowd was a little weird and we decided that we were too old for concerts, but overall it was worth it.  Daniel was super bummed that her had to stay in Atlanta because of school, but was glad that one of us got to go to The XX.


One of my overnights this month was in Charlottesville, Va.  This is where Thomas Jefferson's Monticello is located.
 It was AWESOME.
 Totally beautiful, but  I feel that way every time I come to Charlottesville and I know why he always wanted to stay on his mountain in Monticello. It had a kickin' kitchen, the Chateau de Chenonceau (France) was better, way better, but they had French copper pots in this kitchen and that is always a mega bonus.  I was amazed to find out that he died with so much debt.  It was worth a small house ($150,000) in today's money and I can't imagine what it was with inflation.  He also didn't free his slaves like most people think. He only freed four; two were his children, one he promised his freedom for becoming his french chef and teaching others, and his butler.  He had an awesome garden. I wanted to buy some seeds that he had cross bred, but they didn't sell any.  They only sold harvested seeds from Monticello, but conveniently none of the species he "invented."


2 comments:

Jody said...

My reader just updated me about this post so I hope I'm not several weeks out-of-date. But your apartment sounds AWESOME! I'm jealous except for the part about how I hate moving and am still in the middle of it...

Annie Gedge said...

So true about moving.