Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My "Hipster" Living Room

I've been so excited for this post.  I want everyone to see my clever moment of craftiness.  At dragoncon last year we bought these hipster Doctor Who pictures to match our propaganda poster.  I was excited, but to find eleven picture frames becomes pretty expensive for an odd shaped picture.  Daniel picked out the crazy green for the wall (which actually turned out better than I thought). I was at the auction when my friend found these windows and said we could do something with them.  I said yeah, but didn't think about it for two months and then it hit me like lighting.  I could use them as picture frames.  Painted blue they could be like the Tardis windows with them poking their heads out.  I bid for my windows for $5 each (instead of a whopping $120), a can of paint for $28 and some other small needs $11,  It took a month, but they are finally done!  I have a fully complete decorated room and it feels mighty posh to have an interior design theme, even if it is nerdy.

1 comment:

Jody said...

THAT IS SO COOL! I love your propaganda poster and the Doctor Whos work perfectly in those Tardis windows! Man! I wish my house looked that posh.