Sunday, December 9, 2007

Corpus Christi--The Body of Selena

So, here is my one posting on how great my job is. I thought I would give it some positive feedback since I'm about it chuck it out the door. I had the opportunity after Thanksgiving to spent 36 hours in Corpus Christi (meaning "the body of Christ" in Latin), Texas. I was so glad because it had been overcast and a little rainy in Atlanta, so to end up in sunny warm Texas was very nice. This is one of the nicest hotels that we get to stay in. It is right on the coastline. The neatest part is that you can walk down to the docks and see the replica of the Nina, that was sailed across the Atlantic. Looking at it you can see why Columbus had mutiny on his hands, the ship is so small, the Ford F150 is half of its size. My favorite part of the docks is the shrine to Selena, the Latin music star, that was killed by the president of her fan club. Every time I walk past it there are a ton of Latin people looking at, taking pictures, putting flowers on the shrine, and weeping. I would have thought she revolutionized a country with the way the people act. Now, I don't know if she did something radical, but I don't recalled that she did in the movie, besides I got her confused with J Lo for the longest time. I kept seeing J Lo and thinking aren't you dead or something? I got a great photo with no one in it because I was out and about so early. Now the best part of the whole experience is...The Water Street Oyster Bar. You go there during happy hour and you get oyster, peeled shrimp, and sushi for half off. It is awesome! Now this excites all of us (pilots and flight attendants) because we can go crazy on food and spend very little on our budgets. It made the whole month of November worth it.

3 comments:

admin said...

I may have to stop by Corpus Christi some time just to go to happy hour at the Water Street Oyster Bar!

Queen said...

You do have a great job. I loved the pictures. What else did you have a happy hour? haha

wendy_d23 said...

go Selena!