Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sleeping with the Enemy

I like men with beards; it's fun. I have always loved Daniel's beard, I have never known him without it, with the exception of pictures. The night before our wedding, his dad set him aside and told him it'd be a good idea if he shaved it off. He told him: "Annie likes my beard. We already discussed this and she wants me to keep it for the pictures."

But this weekend, Daniel decided he wanted to shave it off. He was cleaning the engine in one of our cars and felt like the beard got really dirty and wanted to get rid of it (for now). When he walked out of the bathroom with a clean-shaved face, I freaked out. I didn't know who he was anymore. I didn't even want to look at him, because I was so scared. I was hiding behind my book for, like seriously, 10 minutes. I told him: I can't sleep with you anymore, I don't know who you are. I've never reacted like that before when other people shave their beards, but this time I totally freaked out. Daniel told me he hadn't shaved his beard in three years; he's growing it back, though.

5 comments:

Jacki said...

HA! That is so funny Annie. So that is what that chin looks like!

wendy_d23 said...

I had to double take the picture, that didn't even look like him for a second.

Billy said...

It's Missionary Daniel all over again!

Queen said...

Hey,
Jermaine and I, were surprised to see you without a beard. We miss y'all. Keep posting!

brenna said...

I *bet* he's growing it back! Anything to get his wife to like him again ;)

Glad you're having fun.