Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Its over for like two years


My life has become boring again, or maybe just my Friday nights have gotten a little more freer. Doctor Who is over until 2010. Of course it will have a few specials here and there. I know that all of you who don't care if I talk about Doctor Who can have a party. I must say I really liked the direction this series took. Possibly because it was based on being a nobody who really is a somebody and doesn't know it. The best part is that the companion doesn't have the most perfect, glam body in the universe (ie Donna). The best part is a that the "nobody" saves the day, and then has to forget that she ever did it. Even though she saves the day, she is still afraid to do what is necessary. One of the characters in Doctor Who has the glam body and the "perfect" and yet when it all hits the fan she goes home to her mother. I feel like the latest companion because I feel like she does sometimes. Going along with life not sure if I am doing anything right or worth anything, and yet when I look back I have done some incredible things.

3 comments:

VirtualM said...

Well then now you can come and sit at our house and stare at the unpacked boxes on Friday nights. And then Daniel can play Guitar Hero.

Shawn and Alisha Stratton said...

Annie...thanks for the encouragement towards my 2nd profession...hair stylist. I found it so cute that you took in a puppy, at least for awhile. I always look around for lost puppies/dogs to take in, but I'm never that lucky. And that one basically helped himself to your house. Crazy!

Unknown said...

Doctor Who is awesome! Donna was a way better companion than stupid Martha (who couldn't find her way out of a cardboard box let alone save the earth without resorting to blowing it up with 25 nuclear warheads---yeah, that'll save the Earth; brilliant). I liked series 4until Martha ruined it with that 3 episode arc...

But regardless, I'll always cherish those fond memories of Friday night on the couch (or Sunday night watching the taped show after you got home from a trip), engrossed with the high fun and adventure of Doctor Who. It's fun to bond as a couple.