Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

 Well as the new year approached I thought I would start another resolution since last years turned out so great. I couldn't for the life of me think of one really great resolution, so I have many new and recycled resolutions from my best friend. After a visit, and some thinking with my best friend I have come up with 1) 100 things in my closet. Down size my closet and kitchen gadgets. I knew I was a closet horse since I have clothes from freshman in high school, more than ten years ago. Daniel thought it was such a good idea that he thought he would join along. I sorted, donated, and plain just threw away shoes, shirts, pants, and yes formal wear (still had my prom dress). In the end I made it close to 100 things I think it ended up being 103-105 things while Daniel totaled to 53. Do you know how obscenely frustrating that is? I had 45 shirts alone. He was impressed that he had that much. Funny enough I think this was more cathartic for Daniel than me and he always walks into the closet and says, "Wow this is so clean!" I only have an after picture, but the kitchen is our next space so there will be a before and after.

2) Blog more. After being shamelessly growled at by my best friend I have decided to upkeep the blog better and possibly leave facebook since I can't seem to be able to multitask and do both at the same time I'm just going to focus on "the blog." Which leads me to,

3)Knitting. I'm gong to post my projects every few weeks since it takes me about a week or so to finish a project. I find that I love to knit, so much so that I don't care that I'm being rude, and I look for trips that I have to fly and not work the flight so that I can knit.

4)Eat lunch. I know that this sounds silly, but since leaving high school I haven't had a steady three meals a day. Apparently this affects my mood since Daniel's first question is if I have eaten anything because I'm really grouchy.

I totally think I am going to add to my list since there was like twenty things on it and I can't remember them all, so hopefully they will make it onto the blog as well

2 comments:

Jody said...

Oops! I didn't mean to growl. I just love blogs. And how did I miss this post, anyway! I'm going to have to scold my google reader since it did not tell me you had a new post. And I love the 100 thing wardrobe challenge! Just don't get pregnant too soon (like I did) because then you'll just undo your progress :-)

Susan G. said...

Yay!!! 6 months is definitely too long between blogs!! Welcome back to the blog world and happy knitting!