Monday, January 14, 2008

ABC, 123 BABY YOU AND ME.

Last week we went to Southern Polytechnic to get books, I showed Daniel have to cut his book bill in half. He was amazed and I was quite pleased that we only had to spent $120 on books and paid half price for a TI calculator. So, today is the first day at school. We have waited so long that we didn't think it would arrive. I love to learn and with how excited I was, one would think I was the one going to school. I made Daniel take a picture in front of our door because in my family we would always take a picture in front of our door on the first day of school. We would be in our new school clothes and new backpack ready and excited (at least I was) to go to school. I probably would have not done this except I have a picture of my brother from high school like this that has magically appeared. I say magically because first it should be with all of the pictures that I gave his wife to scrapbook, second how did it even make the first move from Utah to Georgia, third it made it through another move from College Park to Douglasville, and last but not least Dos some how found it dragged it out to the middle of the floor and has play with it. By every weird "moving law" it should be lost, but here is this photo of my brother looking dated in the style of the decade with a big grin (it is a bad picture because it is a picture of a picture). I felt that it was fate and that I needed to capture this moment of Daniel's first day of college in Georgia for posterity. Now what they will think should be interesting.

2 comments:

VirtualM said...

Wow new layout! Wish Dan luck with school - one of these days when you're in town and he's not bombarded with homework, you'll have to come over and nerd it up with us. I'm up for seeing what all of this "Dr. Who" nonsense is all about! Or at the very least we could play video games. :)
We miss you!

Jacki said...

I love the first day of school too! You just don't know what to really expect. Very fun! Love the "magical" picture. Very funny.