Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Invasion

So once again, the Christmas season has come and gone, with traditions old and new. Some of the new traditions I wish would disappear. Daniel and I have taken an old tradition and made it new. In my family we have a fancy dinner (lobster and steaks), so we changed it so that we would make sushi (since that is our most favorite expensive meal). This year I blew back into town that morning, so we did a simple sushi with Chinese food. Dos had left-over salmon. The tradition I don't like is getting sick. Last year, Daniel was sick (some respiratory infection), and slept through the whole thing. This year we didn't have much time since this year, I got sick and threw up (which those of you who know me know that I hate to throw up and will do anything to not do it), and slept through the whole thing. So next year its the cat's turn, since he is the only member of the family that hasn't been sick on Christmas yet. I'm sure we will continue the tradition once we have kids. On Christmas day, we opened presents and got great gifts. Of course we got all of the seasons of Doctor Who, so now we can show people what we're nuts about (you poor souls).
The cat got a laser pointer that Daniel was sure he would go nuts over, but he played with it for five minutes, and then lost interest; later it broke and now is used as a dangling toy. Daniel received clothes, as well as the book 'Salt' which he has been nutty about. I had to give him Glenn Beck's book because after all he needed some "moderate mind" companionship. I received a tape recorder. I am excited because I can indulge myself with a hobby that I would love to make into a business. I love memory keeping: scrapbooks, vintage clothes, classic books, personal histories and anything that represents life in the past. I have already staked out my first victim. The best part is that I have never met the person, and only have heard stories from someone else, but I can't wait to find out about them.

To top it off we finished our traditions with Chinese (I must it admit it was a little too much), so that we could get our fortunes for the New Year. Juston Rindlesbach came with us. It was fun, but Juston stole my fortune because a new job would come his way. I would see an alien within the week and Daniel's was unmemorable because it was something he refused to do. I told Juston it wasn't fair that he stole my fortune; he offered to trade since he would rather see an alien. Over all we are looking forward to a new year, with more political discussions, school, job hunting, and meeting new people.

2 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

Happy New Year. I am sorry you are sick. I am also one of those people who will do ANYTHING to avoid throwing up. I am feeling for you. I rarely get sick and now have a bad cold, but I can at least say I can keep it all down.

brenna said...

My sister is reading "Salt." She read parts of it to me when she was visiting, and it sounds like it really has some interesting facts and stories in it. It's on my to-read list.