Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The water is really sweet!

Around Christmas time, Daniel and I decided to go and visit Sweet Water Creek because we were bored and cooped up in the house. I must admit it was beautiful even if the leafs have fallen off. We drove a bit around the reservoir or what was left of it. It was easy to see how bad the drought was getting. I can't wait to go back in the spring and fall (its probably too hot in the summer) and see how the trails look different. It was really fun to find this old mill house that was torched during the civil war. The a lot of the remains were surprisingly intact.

1 comment:

wendy_d23 said...

I love sweetwater! Its nice and clost, but its sad how much the drought has lowered the water. Too cold for me right now to go hiking though, way to go!