Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Weekend of the Great Plains


Last weekend Daniel and I were fortunate enough to make it up to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to see Daniel's parents. We went to our favorite restaurant, Spezias, a must if you are in Sioux Falls. We went to a few places that Trudy's family lived and settled in South Dakota. In Canton, her grandfather help to build this Lutheran Church. We didn't get to go in because the church was closed, but he was said to be a great carpenter.

We got to see Indiana Jones too. Daniel and I thought it was great because we were expecting the worst. I thought it was a great "escapist" film. I didn't feel like I had to think that much. The best part of the weekend was Daniel's parents got to watch Dr. Who. They actually wanted to watch it. They even liked it. Daniel and I were so pumped about it. I watched Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. I thought I should see what everyone was talking about. Daniel only watched the first episode and then he was out of there while Trudy and I watched the rest.

Most of the weekend, it was cool and windy, but it was beautiful because spring had arrived. This was exciting since this was the first time I got to see South Dakota green.


I snapped a picture of Dave working in his garden because it was great to see him working even though the wind was blowing so hard.

No comments: