Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Garden of Eden


So here is the update on the garden. I haven't KILLED it yet. I thought that was a bonus. I have become rather obsessed since Daniel forgets to water when I'm on a trip. A few of my tomatoes have wilted for it, so I probably over water on a regular basis. I saw that my sister in law started some plants on her balcony and I started to over water her plants. She thought I was a little weird for asking where her pitcher was and insisting that I water her plants.

I had to take a picture of my first tomato. I am so stoked that I can't see straight. Bree and tomato sandwiches will be on their way soon!


These pictures are from three weeks ago. I don't even know how big they will be when I get back from Utah. I do like to watch plants grow when I leave for days at a time and come back and they have made progress. It makes me feel successful. I know that sounds weird, but I don't have any children who will do that for me.

2 comments:

Susan G. said...

I am so jealous that you already have a tomato!! Our plants are only about 3 inches high right now!! We had to buy a tomato when we had hamburgers the other night and it was a dollar for just one tomato! Crazy huh?? Enjoy the fruits of your labors!

wendy_d23 said...

Your plants look great! My tomato plants are maybe 6 inches, but still no sign of fruit. I planted too late. and I also over water. I think I just like to watch them grow more than I actually like harvesting and eating though. we'll see if the plants can make it in the scorching sun. last year didn't go so well. and some rabbits dug up my pea seeds. any idea how to discourage bunnies?